Intergalactic backyard code cowboy Bubbletune has just released the fourth iteration of his definitive, home-cooked Game Categories plugin, and this time he’s titled it Game Categories Revised. In case you weren’t informed at the door, this is a plugin that enables you to organize your files and homebrew goodies in convenient sections accessible via XMB. The plugin got a complete make-over since its last release, and Bubbletune wrote this changelog to accompany the new release:
- Removed vshmenu option, it was slightly buggy and I’ve now provided two alternatives.
- Added Multi-MS mode, see section below for more information.
- Added pre-game-menu mode, see section below for more information.
- Reloading of the game modules will now be done via a patch as opposed to faking a memory stick ejection.
- Added keycombo to switch between the two modes (L + R + Home).
- Added configuration file to remember your latest category chosen and your current mode.
- Did some bugfixing on the patches, should have solved removal bug, random corruption, and probably some other things.
- (if you are still experiencing any problems with this, don’t hesitate to report them and I’ll see what I can do)
The plugin should work on PSPs that utilize 5.00 M33 or 5.02 GEN. The developer makes a critical point in saying that if you’re using GEN, you’ll have to make sure to disable the built-in Game Categories plugin. Do so by way of the Configuration option in the Recovery menu. Definitely peep the readme, which is included in the download package. That package, of course, is sitting right here, so gobble it up.
Download Game Categories Revised
Other Popular Articles:
- MacroFire v2.4.1 Drops To The Squealing Adulation of Adoring Fans
- Homebrew prxutility++ v6.0 Is Available For Your Unbridled Pleasure
- Homebrew Adventure Game Titillates Even The Most Cynical Of Nerds
- Invader Zim Homebrew Game Is Set To Arrive With Its Pants Around Its Ankles
- iR Shell v4.9 Is Now Here, So Begin Shouting Obscenities