Backyard hacker agilemonkey has come up with a refreshing homebrew application that he calls PSP PPG v0.22. This interesting snippet of code lets you display English TV listings on your PlayStation Portable using CFW. It acts as a TV guide utilizing the XMLTV format to render its listings. Here’s an overview from the creator:
Here’s developer agilemonkey’s how-to guide:
- Extract the zip file
- Inside the PPG022 folder amend the configuration file (PPG.CFG) to point to the UKlistings I have generated
RepositoryURL = http://agilemonkey.co.uk/psp
RepositoryPRGList = freebox
*Window users use notepad rather than wordpad etc so dodgy characters are not added to the file
- Download UK image files – These are a wip so please be patient
- Load the homebrew into the game folder on your custom firmware PSP
- When you initially run the application it will download the current listings file
- Optional: Hack the homebrew binary to replace French text with English using a hexeditor
Grab the software here to check it out.
Download PSP PPG v0.22
Other Popular Articles:
No related posts.