Dark AleX is back in fine form with an application titled LEDA, the Legacy Software Loader. This piece of custom code inserts itself into M33 custom firmwares to enable you to run your 1.0 and 1.5 kernel-based homebrew applications. Check out the notes from Dark AleX himself:
- LEDA is a program that integrates into M33 custom firmwares to let some old 1.00/1.50 homebrew to run.
- To avoid waste of memory, leda is only loaded when necessary.
- Current compatibility is unknown as is still in beta.
- Although it may work on previous m33 versions, it has only be tested on 5.00 M33.
- The development of LEDA doesn’t mean that development of 1.50 kernel addon will be ceased. 1.50 addon is very easy to code, and thus it will still be coded for almost full 1.5 compatibility, but LEDA has some advantages over it.
- It works on slim too
- It doesn’t need much flash space
- You don’t need to care about which folder your homebrew is.
- LEDA first tries to load the homebrew program normally. If it works, then the homebrew is a 3.XX+ one, and leda terminates itself to not waste RAM. Otherwise, leda does some patches to load the 1.0/1.5 homebrew.
- Unlike 1.50 kernel addon, LEDA tries to be independent of firmware. This means that whenever a new version of M33 is released, leda will probably work without need of an update.
- Less compatibility. Anyways, I will try to make LEDA compatible with those old homebrew that are still useful today because they weren’t updated or because they have a better old version.
- Copy LEDA folder to /PSP/GAME and run it. The program will install a prx in thesystem, this will be done very quickly. After this, you can already try to run 1.0/1.5 homebrew normally from XMB; LEDA folder is not needed anymore in the ms and you can delete it if you want.
Fantastic. Dark AleX keeps us all on our toes. Grab the ‘brew right here and size it up for yourself.
Download LEDA – Legacy Software Loader Beta v0.1
Other Popular Articles:
- Dark AleX Drops New PSP CFW 5.00 M33-6
- Miriam Fires Back At Dark AleX Prior To Jumping Ship
- VLF Library v1.0 From Dark AleX
- Dark AleX Releases ISO/UMD Speed Measurer
- CXMB Manager Beta 1 Comes Hurling Through The Door
- Loser Takes Credit For GripShift Homebrew Enabler Exploit
- MyWindows Homebrew Shell Beta Test Is Worth A Try
- New Screenshots Leaked For Brandish: The Dark Revenant
- FBA4PSP Beta preV12p3 Wants To Shake Your Hand
- Alcohol Engine v1 Beta Calculates Your Blood Alcohol Content