Capcom’s hit title Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, also known as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, has shipped over 3,000,000 units in Japan. The third installment in the PSP Monster Hunter series was launched on March 27, 2008 in Japan. It won the Double Platinum Prize at the 2008 PlayStation Awards, meaning that the game sold somewhere between two and three million units at the time.
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G sold 690,000 copies on its first day on the shelves and moved 1.5 million titles by the end of its first week. The Capcom US blog even made a coy statement that the game lowered Japan’s national productivity during the day.
Undoubtedly, the release of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G in other global turfs (including the U.S. and Europe) will take its total sales to new heights. We’re excited for a forthcoming drop of the game stateside, and can’t wait to take it for a spin ourselves.
Other Popular Articles:
- PlayStation Portable Sales Top 50 Million Units
- Phantasy Star Portable Set To Drop Stateside In March
- NPD Releases December 2008 Sales Statistics For US Game Industry
- Sony Financial Report Indicates Sales Low For PlayStation Hardware
- Media Create Releases Top Sales List For Early January
- Geometry Wars Portable v0.7 Homebrew Drops
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Preview At TGS 2008
- Fantasy Golf PangYa Portable Gears Up For Launch With Debut Trailer
- jpcsp v0.1 Revision 894 Hits The Internet In Record Time
- Phantasy Star Portable Gets A New Multiplayer DLC