Just because this forthcoming title is so fascinating, we’re throwing it up to your attention, despite its release being exclusively for the PS3. Its own creators can’t really put into words what the nature of the game is – Noby Noby Boy is sort of an abstract, participation-based persistent Universe whose purpose is to house its ever-growing protagonists, known as Boy and Girl. Perhaps its closest analog would be Katmari Damacy, which was created by the same developer, Keita Takahashi of Namco Bandai.
In Noby Noby Boy, players take control of a Lego-man like, stretchable character, who grows as it’s pulled around via the two analog sticks. Players score points based on how much they stretch Boy. As Boy grows in size, its lengths are uploaded to a persistent character, known as Girl. Girl grows along with all of the Boys in the Universe. It starts on the planet Earth, then stretches to the moon, and then expands out into the Solar System, unlocking new environments for users to explore as it gets bigger.
Noby Noby boy will be available for download on the PSN starting this Thursday, January 19th.
Other Popular Articles:
- Lumines Supernova Continues To Entertain Puzzleheads On The PS3
- Fantasy Golf PangYa Portable Gears Up For Launch With Debut Trailer
- Cave Story Is The Underground Sleeper Hit Of The Millennium
- Warcraft 2D PSP v1.0 Beta Homebrew Is Now Available
- .hack//Link Game May Be On The Way For PSP
- Dragonball Game Based On New Movie Set To Arrive In North America
- Cross-Platform WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Gets a Create-A-Superstar Patch
- Sabacc Basics 0.7.0a Is A Game For The Most Superior Nerds
- New Sony Survey Reveals A Possible New PS3 Link-Up