The ubiquitous, multipurpose homebrew application, PSP Tool, has just arrived in its newest form from mastermind homebrew developer Raing3. The PSP Tool v0.9 is likely to be the final version of the popular program, which performs various general management functions for the PSP. Here’s the rundown of its functionalities:
- Backup and Restore the IdStorage of the PSP
- Check the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or a file located on the Memory Stick
- Check, Backup, Restore and change the battery EEPROM
- Connect various devices through a USB cable
- Create a checksum of the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or an IPL located on the Memory Stick
- Create a variety of different Magic Memory Sticks
- Erase the entire IPL space of the Memory Stick
- Extract the IPL injected on the Memory Stick to a file
- Format the Memory Stick
- Inject a variety of included IPLs or an IPL from a file to the Memory Stick
And here’s the official changelog for version 0.9:
- Added: Support for 2.71 SE and 1.50 running under Time Machine and check to disable running on 3.71.
- Fixed: RSOD when choosing ‘Test M33’ feature on a DC7 MMS created with this application (only occured on Fat).
- Fixed: Issue using SQUARE as part of the boot key when creating a Magic Memory Stick.
- Fixed: Issue which could arise when creating more than one Magic Memory Stick in a single session.
- Other: Other Memory Sticks can now be formatted by first clicking on the format item in the menu and before answering yes to the questions insert the second Memory Stick.
- Other: To reduce the risk of a BSOD when installing or running a firmware from a Magic Memory Stick the registry of a 1.50 system is now copied instead of the registry of the current system (to use the current systems registry files hold the L trigger while the Magic Memory Stick is being created.)
- Other: Implemented a check for modules which are known to cause issues with PSP Tool. If any of these modules are found a message is first shown with the modules which need to be disabled and then the PSP performs a reboot. To disable this check hold the R trigger while loading the game.
- Updated: Now uses VLF library 1.0 by moonlight.
- Updated: Updated the information shown in the System Information panels.
The developer says he’ll release another version if support for the firmware v3.71 becomes an issue, or if a new version of DC is released. For now, grab the download package here and get started doing useful stuff on your PlayStation Portable.
Download PSP Tool v0.9
Other Popular Articles:
- PSPBTCNF Tool Arrives To Assist Plugin Users
- PSPBTCNF Tool v2 Now Supports The Slim
- PSP Pandora Deluxe v3.1 Drops As The Sun Rises
- Ultimate PSPTube v1.9 Arrives With Its Arms Full Of Presents
- Dark AleX Drops New PSP CFW 5.00 M33-6
- Lite Blue Tool From Datel Does Not Perform As Advertised
- Saint Seiya Theme Puts A Cast Of Characters Onto Your Screen
- GoblinPSP 188.8.131.52 Drops To The Cheers Of Millions
- Miriam Fires Back At Dark AleX Prior To Jumping Ship
- Homebrew prxutility++ v6.0 Is Available For Your Unbridled Pleasure