The PSPKVM has just released the new in its line of Playstation Portable-hacking—the MIDP and JavaME. Originally available only as mobile phone applications, PSP-users can now enjoy MIDP / JavaME . In a race to compete with M@x and Sleepper, the PSPKVM made the project in hacking the MIDP / JavaME, which was a port of Sun’s phoneMEFeature.
Here are the features of the newly released applications by PSPKVM:
- Emulator of real devices
pspkvm is not just a JavaME implementation, it also emulate various real phone devices in term of screen size, key codes etc.. For example, when you choose to emulate “Nokia N73″, that means the screen size and key code values will be same as the real N73 phone, some games may rely on these values to run correctly.
- User defined key layout
Default key layout may not suitable for every games, so user defined key layout is available for each game.
- Install application via HTTP
The phoneMEFeature default installation mechanism is remained, you can find and install jad/jar files from web.
- One-click install & run jad/jar from memory stick
User can select jad/jar files from memory stick and run it like previous pspkvm, and actually its installed automatically when you first time to run. After that user can select from Application Manager to run, configure and remove the installed application.
- MVM support
MVM (Multiple Virtual Machine) feature gives the ability to run several MIDlets at the same time. For example: user can run Messenger in background to chat while gaming, or browse web via opera-mini while running Google Maps.
- Nokia UI support
Since so many games require Nokia UI, pspkvm provides a well optimized, native based implementation of this set of APIs. Currently, however, not ALL Nokia APIs are supported, but still meets the requirement of most games
If you’d like to look into it, here’s the download links for the change log of PSPKVM v.0.5.2:
Other Popular Articles:
- PSPKVM v0.5.0 Drops With A New Virtual Keyboard
- PSPKVM v0.5.1 Knocks On Our Doors
- Intrepid Hacker Discovers He Can Use Nokia Battery With PSP
- Some bugs fixed for you with PSPKVM 0.4.1
- UAE Broadband Company Gives Away PSPs To Its Subscribers
- Battle Heats Up Between Sony And Sony Ericsson Over Use Of Playstation Brand
- FBA4PSP v12p2 (Final Burn Alpha Emulator) Drops With New Compatibilities
- The New PSP Homebrew – CoderPR v0.8.5 Released