I’ve got some good news, and of course, some bad news too. First off, Xenogears and Becus25 have finally released their first version of the Custom Firmware Enabler. This would finally allow select features to be in the Playstation Portable—those features that are most common in custom firmwares. Beware though that it does not include the POPs and the recovery console.
Here’s the even better stuff: the Custom Firmware Enabler v1.0 includes ISO support, which are backups of your legitimately owned UMDs). These ISOs are now working with handhelds sporting the TA-088v3 motherboard.
However, and here’s the bad stuff: PSP 3000 users cannot use this (sorry, cous). But hey, who knows maybe in the future you’ll get your own ISO support too.
Here’s the how to use the Firmware Enabler:
- Copy the CFWEnabler folder to your ms0:/PSP/GAME/ directory.
- Run ChickHEN R2 to enable homebrew.
- Start the app called “CFW Loader for ChickHEN”. The first time it will ask you to install the CFW modules to flash0 by pressing circle; then press “X” to start.
By the way, the CFWEnabler can write to Flash0. So be very cautious while using this PSP homebrew. Remember NOT to turn of your PSPs while the modules are flashing.
Other Popular Articles:
- 5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler finally released *UPDATE*
- XiaoFeiChong And Team Omega Cook Up Custom Firmware 5.02
- Popsloader for Custom Firmware released
- Loser Takes Credit For GripShift Homebrew Enabler Exploit
- PSP Homebrew Weekend Warrior: homebrew infiltrates the PSP-3000
- Dark AleX Drops New PSP CFW 5.00 M33-6
- Euro GripShift Exploit Leads To Homebrew Enabler For PSP-3000
- Miriam Fires Back At Dark AleX Prior To Jumping Ship
- Flash0 Plugin Loader v2 Comes Rolling Down The Line
- MaGiXieN Reveals Why HEN Is Not Online