There’s another update with NEC’s TurboGrafx 16, which others might remember as a popular game console in the PC engine back in the days. If you don’t remember, I only have to tell you that the creators of this stuff are beyond genius.
And now, ZX-81 delivers fresh to us the latest update of Hugo v1.3.0—“a port of the famous Hu-Go emulator running on a variety of platforms.”
Here are the changes made to the Hugo v1.3.0:
- Audio Track support for CD-ROM (support only MP3 format with stereo 16 bits samples at 22k or 44k rate)
- CD-ROM TOC file format support.
- Using TurboRip, ripped CD can now be used directly with PSP-Hugo! See README file for explanations)
- Increase PSP clock speed when playing mp3 CD tracks
- Disable sound while saving states & screenshots (to avoid scratchy noise for few seconds)
- Fix sleep mode issue
- Replace SDL sound engine by direct PSP audio stuff to improve performances
- Fix issue when loading more than one CD image
- New backgrounds
There you go. Now, you can enjoy that old Hugo v1.3.0 in the modern game console—the PSP. Don’t forget to take note of the changes in the game, especially with the source code as it makes a lot of difference when played at.
Other Popular Articles:
- The Thomson MO5 Emulator, PSPMO5 v1.2.0, Arrives
- Java-Based PSP Emulator For PC: JPCSP v0.02 Revision 1021
- PSP2600 v1.2.0 Released: Atari 2600 Emulator Updated w/ Cheat Support
- RACE! PSP v2.16 Is A NeoGeo Pocket Emulator
- Xplora 1.8 Is Now Available, Enjoy!
- intraFont v0.24 Gets Update, And We’re Happy
- Game Categories Revised Gets A Quick Update
- JPCSP’s Java PSP Emulator Version .02 Finally Out
- 5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler finally released *UPDATE*
- PS Store Update for May 28, 2009