The brand new PSP Custom Firmware 5.50Gen-A was finally released as promised a couple of days ago. The new custom firmware is compatible with PSP 1000 and PSP 2000 (excluding those with TA-088v3), as opposed to the previously released custom firmware for PSP 3000.
Here’s how to install the new custom firmware and its corresponding features:
To install, it must have the following:
- PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 (no TA-088v3)
- At least CF 3.52M33-4
- Copy the UPDATE folder into PSP / GAME
- Rename the fw 5:50 in SCE.PBP and copy the UPDATE folder
- Start the installer
- Under Network Playstation has been added to the Information Board.
- In the Internet browser was added support for web security provided by Trend Micro.
- In the menu bar of Internet Browser was added an icon for Internet search.
- In the menu of game options in the game is now possible to perform an internet search.
- You can now see another layer of folders under Photos, Music & Video.
Compared to the CF-A, the new 5.02Gen-A has all the functions of the 5:50 and has Pandora on standby. It also removed the reset options, the plugin classification Bubbletune and the Slim Colors Patch Bubbletune.
The makers of the new custom firmware says we can expect the release of popsloader 5.50GEN, CXMB 5.50GEN and many more in the coming days. So, stay tuned for more downloads!
Download Firmware 5.50GEN-A
Other Popular Articles:
- Custom Firmware Enabler v1.0 Released For The PSP
- Newly Released Custom Firmware Enabler v3.20
- Popsloader for Custom Firmware released
- Custom Firmware Enabler 3.01 Can Now Support The PSP 3000
- XiaoFeiChong And Team Omega Cook Up Custom Firmware 5.02
- Load CTF Themes On PSP 3000 With The Unofficial CXMB For Custom Firmware 5.03 Gen-A
- Bug Fix Update On Custom Firmware Enabler 2.51 And Vice 2.1.21
- Official PSP Firmware v5.05 Released
- Sony Updated PSP Firmware 5.51
- PSP Pandora Deluxe v3.1 Drops As The Sun Rises