Homebrew coder bosshunter released this iR patch for all custom firmware enablers out there. This is a patch that facilitates ISO/PXS support, and also improved the iR Shell stability (no more annoying bugs). But first, according to the maker, you have to take note of these following things:
1. The full extent of this patch only works on firmware 5.03 with CFWE 3.50 and below. CFWE 3.60 fails loading PSX titles while ISOs continue working just fine. So use accordingly.
2. Use at your own risk; this patch touches a file in flash0 that’s installed by CFWE.
3. If something goes wrong while the PRX patches the necessary files, reinstall CFWE and try again.
Here’s how to use the iR Shell Patch:
1. Make sure you have:
- iR Shell 5.0 installed;
- A fresh install of CFWE;
- The plugins loaded by game.txt are disabled;
- Replaced the IRSHELL folder with the one provided.
2. Run iR Shell.
3. Open Directory View and go to ms0:/IRSHELL/PATCH/5.03/.
4. Run btcnfpatch.prx.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions.
6. Wait a few seconds. You should see the screenshot above if it’s successful.
7. Re-enable your game.txt plugins.
And for those who are using custom firmware 5.50 GEN-A, you can also expect a patch to be released soon. But so far, we have this quite unique patch for the PSP’s other CFWEnablers so grab the chance to download it and see how it magically transform your handhelds.
Other Popular Articles:
- Newly Released Custom Firmware Enabler v3.20
- Custom Firmware Enabler v3.60 For PSP 2000 And 3000
- Popsloader For Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A Now Available
- Custom Firmware Enabler v1.0 Released For The PSP
- The Release Of The Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A Build 4 For PSPs 1000 And 2000
- Custom Firmware Enabler 3.01 Can Now Support The PSP 3000
- Custom Firmware Enabler 3.50 Released For PSP 3000
- Bug Fix Update On Custom Firmware Enabler 2.51 And Vice 2.1.21
- Popsloader for Custom Firmware released
- PSP Custom Firmware 5.50Gen-A Finally Released