THQ is thinking of bringing the martial arts to the Wii and handhelds. This is following the success of the UFC 2009: Undisputed that broke records for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Having managed to sell and release three million copies to gamers, the makers of the UFC are now thinking of bringing the game to more platforms like the Wii.
The THQ plans to launch games based on the popular UFC on a yearly basis, and to build this franchise with new technology and gameplay. There are also additional platforms and increase sales outside North America that the UFC is hoping for as its expand its global market.
“Over time, we plan to build our UFC franchise by expanding international sales and by developing games on new platforms such as handhelds and the Nintendo Wii,” Brian Farrell of THQ said.
I’m not much of a UFC watcher but I’m sure lots of guys out there would be sure to get their hands on this. After all, what’s an all-macho guy to do but also play knee-breaking and blood-spliing action games like the UFC, right?
Other Popular Articles:
- PSP Titles Trounced Again By Both Nintendo And Microsoft
- Hardware Sales Figures In Japan Show The PSP On The Rise
- NPD Releases December 2008 Sales Statistics For US Game Industry
- DSi Pushes Nintendo Ahead Of Sony In Japanese Hardware Sales
- Activision And LucasArts Renew Publishing Agreement
- Media Create Releases Top Sales List For Early January
- DS Appears At Top Of Hardware Week Chart In Japan
- Sony’s Killzone 2 At The Top Of The UK Charts
- THQ Is Going Under, Saddening Wrestling Fans
- PlayStation Portable Sales Top 50 Million Units