A new homebrew application by IJakel has been released to pspupdates. Dim The Lights v.55 is basically a simple plugin that attempts to remove your Playstation Portable as a light source. Compared to the previous version, this update has a hotkey, so you can use it as an IR Remote in iRShell without screen.
Here are the features of this plugin:
- Hot key L+R+O Will shut the screen off and will not come back on until hotkey is pressed allowing u to use as mouse and remote as mentioned.
- If launched game from UMD; Plugin will not disable the umd drive thus not crashing.
- Sets PSP Volume to 0 on startup.
- Turns off LEDs
- Stops UMD Drive on startup
- Dims the backlight as far as it will go. [Phat and Slim differentiate]
- When coming back from standby, the LEDs will remain off.
- If you would like to play a game. You may hold L Trigger on startup of psp and it will not disable umd, but you can re-enable it with the hotkey. Just an added feature
- Hot key Left Trigger and Note will enable the leds and put the brightness to normal visa versa.
- Hot key Left Trigger and Volume Down will disable the UMD drive while in any mode (XMB, Game, Pops)
- Hot key Left Trigger and Volume Up will re-enable the UMD driver, allowing the use of your UMD games/videos.
You can also use this as a mouse with no screen in PSPVNC and PSPDISP. You can also just shut off the screen. Other features includes in battery-saving capacity.
Download DimTheLights v.55
Other Popular Articles:
- XMBShell v1.00 Offers A Ton Of Features
- New VolDown Plugin Might Save Your Butt
- Grapevine: Sony Is Conducting A Survey Regarding New PSP Features
- Zuma Arrives On PSN For PS3
- PSPGo Has New Firmware And Features
- Light Cycle 3D v2 Now With More Features
- iR Shell v4.9 Is Now Here, So Begin Shouting Obscenities
- Dark AleX Releases ISO/UMD Speed Measurer
- Shortcuts Plugin Beta 1 For M33 Released
- JPCSP v0.2 Revision 945 Is Here