The ScummVM, for those of you who don’t know, is the Script Creation Utility for the Maniac Mansion Virtual Machine. You can also use this for others like Sam & Max, Zak McKracken, Monkey Island, etc.
Check Scummvm for the list of compatible games with ScummVM v1.0.0.
Changes from the previous versions include:
- Added support for Discworld
- Added support for Discworld 2 – Missing Presumed …!?
- Added support for Return to Zork
- Added support for Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
- Added support for The Manhole
- Added support for Rodney’s Funscreen
- Added support for Cruise for a Corpse
- Improved GUI vastly: added quick search, introduced per-game options, improved mass-add dialog
- Broken Sword 1 & 2 now run with original cutscenes
- Increased The 7th Guest microscope puzzle difficulty to match original
- Major improvements to PSP, PS2 and WinCE ports
- New port for GP2X Wiz handheld game console
Coders are encouraging you to test the ScummVM v1.0.0 thoroughly before using it. Download below, and see if this will be compatible in as many games as possible in a variety of platforms.
Download ScummVM 1.0.0 RC1
Other Popular Articles:
- ScummVM 0.13.0 Is Now Available For Our Nostalgic Pleasure
- 15 Puzzle’s Version For PSP Released
- Alpha Tris v2.0 Released
- PSP Custom Firmware 5.50Gen-A Finally Released
- PSPVC v3.50 Crashes Through The Atmosphere
- OpenBOR v3.0 Build 2244a Released w/ SecurePAK Support
- JPCSP v0.3 Revision 1150 Released
- Dayviewer Beta 4 NEO Released
- Xplora 1.8 Is Now Available, Enjoy!
- Custom Firmware Enabler 3.50 Released For PSP 3000