If you’re still stuck with PSP custom firmwares 5.55 or 6.00, you must be forgetting that Yoshihiro has just released his latest 5.55 and 6.00 games (EBOOT.BIN) Decrypter. This will allow you to decrypt the firmware 5.55 and 6.00 from whatever UMD game you will get them from. It can also build an ISO image using UMDGen with the decrypted EBOOT.
Here are the steps to maximize the Games Decrytper’s features:
1. Install 5.55 & 6.00 Games Decrypter like any other homebrew.
2. Boot into 5.50 GEN’s recovery console by holding R-TRIGGER on boot.
3. Go to Configuration -> XMB Usb Device -> change to UMD Disc.
4. Enable USB mode from the XMB; copy UMD9660.ISO to your local; open UMDGen.
5. In UMDGen open the UMD9660.ISO file.
6. Navigate to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR; highlight EBOOT.BIN; right-click -> Extract Selected…
7. Save it somewhere; boot into the recovery console again (See step 1); set the USB mode back to Memory Stick (See step 2).
8. Enable USB from the XMB again; copy the encrypted EBOOT.BIN to your memory stick root.
9. Exit out of USB mode and run the Games Decrypter app.
10. Enable USB mode one more time.
11. If you closed UMDGen, reopen it and open UMD9660.ISO; browse to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR.
12. From the newly created DECRYPTOR directory on your memory stick, drag & drop the unencrypted EBOOT.BIN to the right windowpane in UMDGen overwriting the original file.
13. Save the ISO; copy it to the ISO directory on your memory stick.
Be careful though as these steps were taken from someone with a PSP that runs on 5.50 GEN-B2 and M33 driver, and has a disabled VshMenu. There is also an instruction included in the download pack, so read it thoroughly before going on with your installation.
Other Popular Articles:
- Popsloader For Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A Now Available
- PSP Pandora Deluxe v3.1 Drops As The Sun Rises
- AVEC GPS v5 Can Now Support PSP 290 And Newer Firmwares
- Ultimate VSH Menu Revised With Support For 5.50GEN
- Save Games With The Recovery Flasher v1.60
- Quick Update For PopStation PSP v2.0
- Custom Firmware Enabler v1.0 Released For The PSP
- iR Shell Stability And ISO Patch For CFW 5.50 GEN/MHU Released
- XMB TweakShop for 5.00 M33
- Dark AleX Drops New PSP CFW 5.00 M33-6