Thanks to latest release by homebrew developer Yoshihiro, we can now install custom firmware 5.50 GEN-B2 directly on the PSP without a patch. Yoshihiro has dropped a new version of XGEN Updater And XGEN Pandora DC8 Converter.
This application will let you install the 5.50 GEN-B2 into any PSP Fat and Slim TA-79 > TA-88V2 from any custom firmware or kernel exploit without the need for a patch. For those of you who has the firmware 5.50 installed, simply put your updater on root of you memory stick renamed 5.50PBP. You can also use it to restore any official firmware on the Slim and Fat.
More, you can install any TT’s firmware on PSP Fat when you need to put your eboot.php on roots of your memory stick like the X:/EBOOT.PBP. You can also convert your old DC8 magic memory stick in shiny 5.50 GEN-B2.
To do this, “Just select in the XGEN option Install XGEN pandora and restart your psp don’t forget to put the 5.50 eboot.pbp updater on root of your ms renamed in 550.pbp. to bypass the battery check please connect your AC cord,” according to the developer.
A word of caution though, this application could brick your PSP so be careful when installing it.
Other Popular Articles:
- PSP Pandora Deluxe v3.1 Drops As The Sun Rises
- Popsloader For Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A Now Available
- The Release Of The Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A Build 4 For PSPs 1000 And 2000
- Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B2 For PSP Released
- PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 MHU Released For PSP 1000/2000
- Custom Firmware Enabler v3.60 For PSP 2000 And 3000
- PSP Custom Firmware 5.50Gen-A Finally Released
- PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B For PSP 1000 And 2000
- PspStates Experiment Patch Released For PSP 3000 Only
- CXMB For 5.50 GEN Released Once Again