A PSP Port of Frotz Z-Machine Interpreter
If you’re old school ‘07 with the PSP
-1000 and an IR keyboard, then use this: PSP-Frotz v0.6 by KangKengKingKong. Otherwise the leaders of the new school switch it up: QBRADQ’s Frotz-PSP v0.1.
Again, Frotz is a Z-Machine Interpreter… Z-Machine? Naw, not the world’s largest X-Ray generator, the other Z-Machine — the Infocom virtual machine. You remember those days? Probably not. Infocom games were a prevalent form of entertainment in the 80s. Really all I can remember is typing dirty things into Leisure Suit Larry.
It’s like a book to movie or vice versa… You could read the book and use your imagination, or skip the whole imagination part and let Hollywood do it in 1080p on blu-reez. Same applies — use your imagination and read (and type) your way through each adventure. There are lot of ‘em, and it would seem The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is good starting candidate. You can actually play the whole thing online right here. And if you want it for the PSP you can grab both Frotz-PSP v0.1 and the Hitchhiker’s rom below. It’s abandonware now.
Other Popular Articles:
- Joyau v0.8 Interpreter Updated
- Poker Machine b0.6 Analog Add-On
- Dark AleX’s Time Machine: Get Your Plugins Work On Pre-5.00 M33 CFW
- PXDrum Drum Machine Alpha v1.0 Promises Some Phat Beats
- PSP Replay Routine Comes To Popular Softsynth Tracker Protrekkr
- RPS PSP Version 2 Released
- Chipmunk Physics v4.1.0 Port Arrives